One week ago, a 5.0 magnitude earthquake rocked the state-line area of Texas / New Mexico. The strongest in the area since 2017, it was reportedly felt by thousands as far away as Odessa.
Quakes often lead to hasty and uninformed conclusions about causes involving oilfield activity. Today’s guest post from Laura Capper dispels the myths with facts, figures, and science.
There’s a lot more to this story…
Login to see the full update…
- Exclusive research update newsletters
- High-caliber, data-driven analysis and boots-on-the-ground commentary
- New angles on stories you’ll only find here
- No advertisements, no noise, no clutter
- Quality coverage, not quantity that wastes your time
- Downloadable data for analysts
Contact us to learn about signing up! [email protected]