Eric Barton probably needs no introduction among Infill Thinking’s readership. He is a well-known frac sand sourcing veteran who has spent close to a decade in supply chain and procurement roles for publicly traded E&P operators.
Eric was one of the early pioneers of the now widespread direct sourcing strategy, helping create the foundation for EP Energy’s self-sourcing practice back in 2011 (a time when there was heavy resistance to the idea from Big Frac).
In his latest role at Chesapeake, Eric was a senior sourcing and strategy specialist on a small team of “sand ninjas” that helped create $100mm+ in annual cost savings for the company by driving organizational change in procurement and sourcing behavior shifts to optimize vendor workflows and solutions.
Today Eric shares his view on….
There’s a lot more to this story…
Login to see the full update…
- Exclusive research update newsletters
- High-caliber, data-driven analysis and boots-on-the-ground commentary
- New angles on stories you’ll only find here
- No advertisements, no noise, no clutter
- Quality coverage, not quantity that wastes your time
- Downloadable data for analysts
Contact us to learn about signing up! [email protected]