Our Friday newsletter began with these words, which bear repeating in the wake of Sunday’s news:
“Rather than a long, dragged-out process, the erasure of financial obligations in the US oilfield this cycle could play out expeditiously during 2H20 and early-2021, clearing the slate for… consolidation?”
Chesapeake’s bankruptcy press release on Sunday afternoon sparked a mainstream media frenzy. The press is having a field day with this one largely due to the company’s size and stature as one of the most venerable names in shale.
We submit that few, if any, Infill Thinking members were surprised by the news. We did learn something on Sunday though, and it is….
There’s a lot more to this story…
Login to see the full update…
- Exclusive research update newsletters
- High-caliber, data-driven analysis and boots-on-the-ground commentary
- New angles on stories you’ll only find here
- No advertisements, no noise, no clutter
- Quality coverage, not quantity that wastes your time
- Downloadable data for analysts
Contact us to learn about signing up! [email protected]