In addition to the personnel exposure benefit, the elimination of the drying process has a very real impact on energy consumption and the resulting emissions. Converting an annual operation that pumps 360,000 tons of sand dried by natural gas to a wet sand operation would reduce CO2 emissions by at an estimated 6,230 – 8,280 tons per year.
This emissions reduction is the equivalent of removing 2,040 cars off the road for a year. That’s for only one average frac operation! Convert just 10% of just the Permian market to operating with wet sand and the emissions reduction is equivalent to removing 25,000 cars from the road annually. That’s worth bragging about.
There’s a lot more to this story…
Login to see the full update…
- Exclusive research update newsletters
- High-caliber, data-driven analysis and boots-on-the-ground commentary
- New angles on stories you’ll only find here
- No advertisements, no noise, no clutter
- Quality coverage, not quantity that wastes your time
- Downloadable data for analysts
Contact us to learn about signing up! [email protected]