As the Permian frac sand mining story moves from the exploration phase to the execution phase, we thought it’d be interesting to get Tommy Mathews‘s view on the challenges and considerations that Permian miners should be thinking about as they enter production mode. The land grab is over. It’s time to mine sand.
At Infill Thinking, we struck up a dialog with Tommy and some of his team at Westward Environmental earlier this year as we sought out deeper a understanding of the challenges facing greenfield mines in the Permian, where his practice is actively advising clients. Few folks on this planet understand the challenges faced by new mines better than Tommy Mathews.
In this guest column, Tommy writes in with some thoughts sand producers should bear in mind as they seek to build sustainable and profitable enterprises. Tommy’s piece introduces some new potential constraints and challenges that are not currently being widely discussed.
There’s a lot more to this story…
Login to see the full update…
- Exclusive research update newsletters
- High-caliber, data-driven analysis and boots-on-the-ground commentary
- New angles on stories you’ll only find here
- No advertisements, no noise, no clutter
- Quality coverage, not quantity that wastes your time
- Downloadable data for analysts
Contact us to learn about signing up! [email protected]